Battery not recognising after top case replacement..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mini998, Feb 28, 2012.

1. mini998 macrumors newbie

My Macbook pro died few weeks ago and apple said it was the top case which was faulty.I was so happy to hear that because I thought it might be the logic board .So when I went to pick it up today it showed a black cross instead of the battery status.when I pressed the battery indicator button green LED lights did not came. Then they took it back and told me it could be logic board faulty too. I had to leave it with them and come back.

When it first died it was showing the green LED lights in the battery indicator . I cant see how top case and logic board both bust at the same time. plus I read this battery problem normally occur when you don't charge them for some time . This one was dead for 3-4 weeks.

I don't know what to do ,I really do not want to spend 450 pounds this laptop if both top case and logic board are faulty . Is there any way around this rather than replacing the logic board?

2. jcrandall23 macrumors newbie

Make sure they didn't put a screw through the cable for the battery indicator board. It runs right past the rightmost battery screw and it's easy to clip it if you're not careful. If they did damage it, that would cause the symptoms you're experiencing.

3. mini998 thread starter macrumors newbie

Apple confirmed they think it is the LB which is faulty . I cant understand how both top case and LB bust at the same time? Anyway I didn't replaced the LB and got the MBP from apple today .they also said there is something wrong with the charging circuit .

And I checked if they have accidentally put a screw through battery indicator board cable ...No they havent.

has anyone able to trace the fault in the LB regarding this issue? I hate working only with mains ,it keeps cutting out al the time when magsafe comes out.