Battery not working well 17 unibody

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by precator, Mar 2, 2009.

1. precator macrumors member

My battery only lasts about 2.5 hours every time. I only have 7 cycles. Anyone else experiencing bad battery life?

2. 5280m macrumors member

i dont have a 17 inch unibody, but i had a similar problem with my 13" unibody. Take it to an apple store and they should take care of you.

3. youssefm macrumors 6502

it depends on what your running, if you have bluetooth on, backlight on 100% brightness, and like 5 intensive applications then maybe its normal, if you have backlight like 50% and your only running safari for example, then no, somethings wrong

4. precator thread starter macrumors member

just safari and parallels and in parallels just some development stuff but everything is light, nothing intensive..

5. martinmartin macrumors 6502

parallels is most likely your problem. try running the comp without parallels and i bet your battery life nearly doubles...

let us know.

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Your problems:
    Virtual machine
    Browsers with flash content

7. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Yeah, Parallels should not eat up that much battery. I mean, 2.5 hours is what you get on a MacBook running stuff like that. With that new behemoth of a battery, you should be getting closer to 4 or 5 at least.
    Take it back and get a replacement..

8. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

I would be tempted to point the finger at Parallels also, but there is another post on here with someone who gets about 5 hours while running VMWare, plus Photoshop and and whole mess of other programs.

I would take it back and see about getting the battery replaced.

9. precator thread starter macrumors member

is this normal for my 17?

Full charge capacity (mAh): 12673