Battery Notification

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by MadSkillzPhan, Nov 3, 2013.

1. MadSkillzPhan macrumors newbie

I no longer have a low battery notification. My battery icon doesn't even turn red unit 5%. The first week when i used mavericks, it notified me of low battery. but now it goes all the way down to 5% then the battery icon goes red. No warning at all. Any ideas?

2. durhamj macrumors member

Notice the same thing on my MBP. Have you or anyone else found the solution/setting to correct this??
    :confused:

3. amityweb macrumors member

Same issue here. I have noticed this now its turned off like the 5th time in a row with no warning!

Do you two use Growl by any chance? I used growl notifications and disabled OSX ones, and I read somewhere battery warning was moved to OSX notifications. So in my growl I switched to use OSX notifications, but still not had a warning yet. Just wondered if you also used Growl to eliminate this.

4. amityweb macrumors member

I fixed my issue...

Mavericks has now moved the low battery alter into OSX Notifications.

Some time ago I disabled OSX Notifications by running a command line to stop it, and remove the menu icon. I totally forgot about this, and totally didnt know the alert was moved to there. I got not OSX Notifications, so I got no low battery warning.

I re-enabled OSX Notifications and now I am getting the new reserve power notification. Its not as noticeable as before, but its better that nothing.

5. holyster macrumors newbie

Enabling Low Battery Notification?

--------------------

What do you do to enable low-battery notification on OS X Mavericks??

6. amityweb macrumors member

7. MadSkillzPhan thread starter macrumors newbie

the issue was that i got all other notifications except the battery. i went ahead and rebuilt my computer and restored from time machine. good as new.

8. Oberhorst macrumors member

Oberhorst

I have low battery warnings and I want to deactivate them without disabling the whole notification centre. Any ideas? Didn’t find anything online.