Battery % Numbers not aligned?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yodayoda, Oct 24, 2011.

1. yodayoda macrumors regular

I know this might sound crazy, but sometimes certain numbers, for example 18% the 1 and the 8 are not alighted properly (the 1 being slightly higher than the 8), this happens with various numbers in my charge cycle, I know its not a big issue, but do you think Apple would actually replace the unit? Must be a problem with the pixels in the screen? Has anyone else noticed this? And I'm not crazy, i showed it to somebody else and they noticed it

2. Jody macrumors regular

I'd probably have the Apple store swap it out.

Please check back and let us know how our visit goes.

3. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

Theyd probably beat you round the head with your own iPhone.

4. yodayoda thread starter macrumors regular

Funny, but why should I not get a perfect phone when i pay this much for it? Clearly its not supposed to be misaligned

----------

I can't be the only person with this issue...its very noticable

5. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

So I assume that we have solved issues like world hunger and global warming so now we can focus all of our energy on so called misaligned pixels?

6. Jody macrumors regular

By the way.... you are, indeed, crazy.

7. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Almost certainly not a pixel problem - I'm going with optical illusion. Screencap and enlarge, you'll probably see that it's just an artifact of the high resolution display.

If it bothers you, go to Settings - General - Usage and turn off battery percentage :p

8. yodayoda thread starter macrumors regular

How does that make me crazy? It's a noticeable glitch in the phone...

9. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

It really irks me when people make comments like this. Get over it. People are allowed to have questions and problems that aren't on that grand of a scale.

To the OP, I think you're being a little too fussy. Is there a problem with that part of the screen when you're playing a game or doing something else (when the battery % isn't showing)? It probably is your eyes playing tricks on you. I would be very, very surprised if Apple was willing to replace the phone. It's not causing any problems with the functionality of your phone.

10. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

I am certain it's an optical illusion. Take a look at the attached. It looks like the 7 is lower than the 0 if you look at it on the phone, or even just in the top of the picture. But if you enlarge the image, you'll see that the top row of pixels on the 7 is dithered (darker) than the core white image. That makes it seem as though the 7 is shorter than it really is.

You're not crazy :) but if you look at the same numbers on any other iPhone 4 / 4S it will look the same.

Attached Files:

11. deeddawg macrumors 604

@yodayoda: Photo or screenshot showing what you're seeing?

12. ap3604 macrumors 68000

LoL :p

OP can you tell us which store you try to return it at so we can watch the show?

[​IMG]

13. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

I had the exact problem today. 18% Was really misaligned.

Not a big deal though.

14. yodayoda thread starter macrumors regular

Ok sure and ill be sure to beat your over the head with a stick on my way out

15. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

The best thing to do here is never let your phone get below 19%.

Seriously though... you want to take back a perfectly good piece of hardware because your battery percentage numbers might be one pixel off? IF it were actually one pixel off then it would have nothing to do with hardware and everything to do with the font they are using for those numbers... which won't be fixed by swapping out your phone.

16. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman