Battery of the Refubrished iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ikaveh, Aug 13, 2010.

1. ikaveh macrumors regular

Hi to all
    I recently exchanged my iphone with a refubrished one in Apple Store because of its battery problem. The genius told me in refubrished iphones, all of the batteries are replaced with new ones. but now I feel I stiil have some problems with the battery of my refubrished iphone. (it gets hot when charging and discharging and it also needs recharging every 1 or 1.5 day)
    do you know if the batteries in refubrished iphone are brand new or not?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't know what is considered "hot" but all batteries get warm (hot) when charging or when being actively discharged.

Given the issues with used batteries, I have to believe apple wouldn't put a used battery in a refurb unit.

3. zacharace macrumors member

As far as I know, they definitely do not--for just that reason. I have my doubts, though: I had abysmal battery life with my old iPhone 3G (circa mid-2009) for no apparent reason...:confused:

4. ikaveh thread starter macrumors regular

well whether it is condired hot or warm, I did not have that for example six months ago. can anybody please confirm they are putting new batteries in refubrished or not?
    Thanks again:D

5. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

6. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Depending on how you use your iPhone during the day, I wouldn't say that a day to a day and a half between charging is that bad. If your battery is just warm when you charge it, I would say it's OK, but if it gets real hot then you need to have it looked at.

7. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

refurbished iPhones get brand new housings/front glass and batteries.

as for getting hot... that is to be expected... I'm surprised they even exchanged your phone.

8. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

Unless you are not touching the phone, getting 1 - 1 1/2 days on a charge is pretty much normal. WHat is your typical usage v standby time?

9. ikaveh thread starter macrumors regular

Geniuses in the apple store were very friendly. they were willing to do the exchange

10. ikaveh thread starter macrumors regular

my standby time i think is about 4 days.
    I use my iphone for gaming and other application like texting, emailing, facebook.....

11. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

Yes the battery will get hot and warm from charging it. Also when you are playing games the phones A4 processor will get hot. 1 - 1.5 days is the standard for smartphones these days.

12. Jayman34187 macrumors regular