Battery on 10.9.2

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by anupviews, Mar 6, 2014.

1. anupviews macrumors newbie

Aug 31, 2013
    Is it just me or 10.9.2 has even more terrible battery life. 10.9.1 had OK battery life, but ever since I updated to 10.9.2, my MBP's battery life reduced to half.

I usually just browse the internet without any other apps running. In full charge it shows only 4 hours left while on 10.9.1 it used to show about 7-8 hours in average.

I tried resetting SMC, but no luck. Anybody having the same issue here?
  2. medic27 macrumors member

Dec 18, 2013
    Why live through unhappiness with your computer? For $19.99 you can get Mountain Lion and go back to a pc experience you will enjoy. Well worth the money.

Yes, 10.9.2 made no difference to me for battery usage. But I found a hassle free way to solve the issue.
  3. KoolAid-Drink macrumors 65816

Sep 18, 2013
    Mountain Lion is no longer sold on the App Store, so I don't think that would be possible?

4. Macman45 macrumors G5

Jul 29, 2011
    Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
    I've noticed no real difference in battery life between the two, although many seem to be reporting this. It seems to be model specific. I have a 2013 13" rMBP 8GB RAM 3GHZ CPU and the 500GB SSD. I typically get between 7 and 10 hours of battery life depending on what I'm doing.
  5. medic27 macrumors member

Dec 18, 2013

It came pre-installed on my 2013 mac air 13 haswell laptop.

I had to buy it again to get rid of the free version they are now offering.
    For the price I paid for the laptop, they should have included the DVD for free:(.

I waited for Haswell because of the promised battery life. It was good. Mavericks completely destroyed that feature and decimated the value of the laptop to me.

I now consider this issue resolved with mountain lion back and my battery life has incredibly improved.
  6. maflynn Moderator

Staff Member

May 3, 2009
    I've not noticed any change in my battery's performance for the better or worse since going to 10.9.2