Battery on 7 plus vs 8 plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shadow Puppets, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Shadow Puppets macrumors member

Does anyone know if the battery on the 7 plus and the 8 plus are the same?

I'm going to be buying a 7 plus tomorrow but I'm slightly taken aback by the site of these 8 pluses s splitting. Wondered if there is any conclusive information about the differences in battery between each phone?

2. M5RahuL macrumors 68030

M5RahuL

My 7+ on iOS 10.3.3 has the same battery life as my 8+ on 11.0.2

However, when I had iOS 11.0 on the 7+, the battery ( and performance ) was horrific! I flashed back to iOS 10.x.x and will not install 11 on it..at least as it stands right now.

3. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

It's slightly smaller but the power saving chips supposedly makes up for it.

As for the splitting, it has been rumored they are getting batteries from ATL, one of the the manufacturers used in the Note 7 devices.

It isn't conclusive that this is linked but it's your decision.

From Verge:

"The iPhone 8 Plus will have a 2,675mAh battery, compared to the iPhone 7 Plus' 2,900mAh battery."

4. M5RahuL macrumors 68030

M5RahuL

Oh, I wouldn't worry much about the splitting issue...yet, just keep an eye out when on the charger.

5. Shadow Puppets thread starter macrumors member

I guess what I'm getting at is I assume that because the 7 plus has been out for a year, can we confidentaly say there aren't major issues in the battery on that model? Or could the batteries on the 7 plus have changed now the 8 is out?

6. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I haven't read about any iPhone 7 issues, even during the first batches. Trust me, people would have been all over it if there was. No mention on here or my Android forums. So if you are asking which is least likely to have the battery issue, the 7.