Battery on MBA gen2 last longer?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by begoo, Nov 16, 2008.

1. begoo macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I've been thinking to buy macbook air gen2 this month sometimes,however I am concern about "how long the battery last on mba gen2"?

At the moment I owned Ibook 12'' G4 the battery still have a good one, around 4 or 4.5 hours, I also have second backup battery, so total is around 8 or 9 hours battery a day.

I am kind of mobile person, I need apple laptop that can last longer on battery.

Any sugestion on battery for MBA gen2?

I've read alot here in forum about MBA, but I just want to focus on "battery" nothing else.

Should I buy this MBA? or not

If the battery last longer only 2.5 hours or top one is 3.5 hours any solution on this? to make longer?

2. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

I've had the 1st generation Air for over 8 months. Just upgraded to the 2nd generation Air two weeks ago. The battery seems to have stayed basically the same. You have at most 3 to 3.5 hours of wireless productivity with the Air.

Without a user replaceable battery I can't recommend it if you need long battery life. A better option for you would be a Macbook imo.

3. McGilli macrumors 6502

I'd say NO. You will get around 4 hours probably - maybe 5 - but mine takes 8 and 1/2 hours to charge.

Since it is not removable - I would say with your current 2 battery configuration on your 12"

4. keantan macrumors regular

I don't know about you guys, I can get between 3 and 5.5 hrs out of my MBA 1.6 SSD.

5. Ironic macrumors 6502a

Ironic

6. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Get out. really?

Sleeping doesn't count :D

I get about <3 so far just using safari.

7. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

How? Do you have the screen turned off with no wi-fi? :)

8. fizzwinkus macrumors 6502a

i get about 4.5 hours surfing on wifi - just keep the screen around 60% brightness

9. Ironic macrumors 6502a

Ironic

10. McGilli macrumors 6502

Last night, full battery- started Logic Pro which pegs one of the CPU cores to full - and i got exactly 3 hours of use until the battery hit 2% and i shut down. monitor at half and keyboard backlight on the whole time.