Battery on the Apple Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jwolf6589, May 27, 2018.

1. jwolf6589 macrumors 65816

jwolf6589

Why does the battery on the Apple Mouse not last so long when compared to mouses on Windows with AA batteries? I have to charge my Apple Mouse about every 1-2 months. This is terrible because at work we have mouses on Windows machines with AA batteries that have lasted for 7 months or longer.

2. chscag macrumors 68030

chscag

I don't use my rechargeable Apple Mouse but I can verify that my rechargeable Apple keyboard needs to be recharged every 2 months or sometimes sooner. It's the nature of the beast. The older Apple wireless keyboard that took 2 AA batteries would last a long time especially if the batteries were of high quality.

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

According to this review, Apple said "about a month or more" on a charge.

One guess is that Apple didn't choose to use whatever power-saving hardware the other manufacturers have adopted. The AM2 is a 2-1/2 year old product. It could be that, overall, the available power-saving options were not up to spec or reliability when Apple made those decisions. When they update the product we'll see if that's changed.

I have a Logitech Bluetooth Mouse M557 that is supposed to last 12 months on two good AA batteries. I'm pretty sure I've only changed the batteries twice in 30 months. I got it a month after the AM2 was released.

4. OriginalAppleGuy macrumors 6502a

OriginalAppleGuy

Are you kidding me? Upset about having to recharge every month or so? People......WTF? For the record, I have a wireless mouse I use at work for a Win machine that eats AA batteries like chocolate.

5. jwolf6589 thread starter macrumors 65816

jwolf6589

You need a new mouse because both Windows mice I use at work have lasted longer than 7 months.