Battery Or Charging Issue?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by yamaha106, Apr 27, 2009.

1. yamaha106 macrumors member

OK well heres the deal. Currently my macbook is charging and it's at 33% and it says it has 7 hours remaining until it's complete. iStat tells me that my battery is still 100% with 70 cycles. My macbook is only 6 months old, and this battery issue started happening just a few days ago. Could it be the charger? sometimes i plug in the charger and the light doesn't come on sometimes. Also something odd that i noticed, when my charger isn't plugged in it still says its power source is from the power adapter.

Could it be from using my parents macbook pro charger on my macbook?

2. mynameisraj macrumors 6502

I may be wrong, but I believe that the MacBook Pro Power Adapter is of different wattage than that of the MacBook.

Try charging using the provided charger (MacBook) and if it still persists, see if you can pop the battery in another MacBook to rule out if it is the battery or the charger. Good luck (I'm not pro with these things but making a somewhat educated guess based on searching around).

I'm guessing that it may be either the battery microprocessor or the charger itself. 70 cycles & 100% health is spot on for where it needs to be.