Battery Pack for Ipod Touch 4G?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by mikebatho, Jan 17, 2011.

1. mikebatho macrumors 6502a

I'm looking at a couple of external battery packs for my ipod touch 4g, namely the Belkin & Griffin models.

Can anyone tell me if either of these will work with my ipod? I've noticed a lot of companies aren't putting touch4g on there compatibility lists. Is this because they assume we should know if things work with 2g, 3g, they'll work with 4g?

Thanks.

2. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Are you looking for cases? I've tested many battery packs that did not state they supported a current gen but they still worked perfectly.

3. mikebatho thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. mikebatho thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry, incase there's any confusion, I'm talking about the small battery packs that you load with AAA/AAs, and wondering if anyone out there is using one with the 4g touch.

5. Drucifer macrumors regular

A few of my friends use external chargers for their devices when they know they won't have the chance to charge their device via USB or the AC adaptor.

They recommended a couple to me when I was looking but I think the choice you make will depend on how many charges you are hoping to get out of it and what devices you want to charge with it. Check online for the Satechi iCel 5200 mAh or New Trent. The 5200 mAh should be enough to give you 2 or 3 extra charges. If that isn't enough you can find the New Trent 11000 mAh which offers much more charging power. These are the only two companies that my friends suggested most likely because they performed the best out of the ones they tried. One friend told me not to bother with the ones that use AA or AAA batteries because they don't perform well compared to the others.

Oh and they both own new devices (iPod Touch 4G, iPhone 4 and an iPad) and everything charges fine. I personally ordered the New Trent 8900 mAh external charger. It hasn't arrived in the mail yet but I'm in no hurry. I plan to use it during the summer when I'm camping a lot.

6. ttpm15 macrumors newbie

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0038VQET4

i believe new trent sell the same unit ( look exactly the same, spec and the way they look ) only different brand and $20 different

this one is the cheapest unit i can find on amazon ( $6/1000 mah ) Best bang for your buck.

7. mikebatho thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm sorted now, thanks. I got a belkin unit from ebay which takes 4 AA batteries. It doesn't charge the ipod, it just runs the ipod directly from the external batteries.

That's all I wanted really, and it was only £2.50 including postage.

Thanks again.

8. ttpm15 macrumors newbie

thats a great deal, can you do a quick review, sometime those aa batteries is easier to find than a port to charge external battery.