battery pack

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by macsig, Jun 27, 2009.

1. macsig macrumors regular

Hi guys,
    I'm in the mood to buy a battery pack for my iPHone 3G.

Looking around I found these two:

Kensinton battery back
    RichardSolo RS001

Anyone own one of those?
    Do you have pros and cons of each one for me?

I prefer the RichSolo design but I think having a cable between the battery and the iPhone (like Kensington has) is more convenient specially when you want to charge and you the iPhone at the same time: something I plan to do.

Thanks and have a nice day!

2. cjcstl macrumors newbie

I use the Mophie JuicePack Air. This will make your phone larger and heavier, but if you are a poweruser and you need the extra power. This product is outstanding. It is also a hardcase as well...check it out and see if it fits your needs.

http://www.mophie.com/juice-pack-air-p/1059_jpa-ip3g-blk.htm

3. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

This is the one I use, and so far highly recommended.

4. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

I think Griffin is coming out with a battery pack.

5. Humma Kavula macrumors newbie

I'm happy to see this topic come up. I've searched the forums, but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.... and this is my first post, so if the answer is somewhere on the forums, please point me in the right direction.

Has anyone done a side-by-side comparison of the Mophie Air, the Case-Mate Fuse, the MiLi, etc., showing the advantages and disadvantages of each? I've heard that some Air users see a decline in signal strength -- is this a common complaint? The Fuse looks interesting to me, but that belt clip would kill me... I usually keep my phone in my pocket and don't see how I could do that with a non-removable clip...

...are there any battery extenders like these on the horizon that maybe I should wait for?

Thanks, all.
    Thanks to all in advance.

6. Humma Kavula macrumors newbie

In my previous post, I meant Case-Mate Fuel, not Fuse. Sorry.

7. macsig thread starter macrumors regular

why do you think so?

Thanks for all the replies guys

8. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

9. macsig thread starter macrumors regular

thanks, it looks small enough but not so powerful.
    I will go with the IMP500

10. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I love my Mophie Juice Air...smallest of the powered cases I have seen and does a very good job of powering up my 3GS when I am out for a long day or traveling...the standby switch is a great option as you can just use the power only when you need it...
    The lone drawback of the JPA IMO is that it's thinness means a 1200mah instead of a typical 1800mah battery...
    Personally, I prefer the less bulky design to the thicker longer 1800mah cases and I don't really mind the slightly reduced charging ability (I get about a full charge and a half with a full MJPA...plenty good for my needs)...
    Oh, IMO it is good looking too and I have already dropped my phone in it (on the street no less) and not a mark on the phone and only a slight scratch near the top corner where it hit on the MJPA...:eek:

11. fredf macrumors 6502

How do you know it's 'not so powerful'. I couldn't see any rating on the Griffin website.

12. macsig thread starter macrumors regular

I just don't think they can put 5000 mAh in a so small battery
    (I don't think they can put neither 1800)

13. macsig thread starter macrumors regular

I have just ordered a IMP500

I will let you know my feedback once I will receive it

14. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

I've been really eyeing the Mophie Juice Pack Air but have read more negative reviews than positive. I'm still on the fence whether to jump on in or get a 2 in 1 wall/car charger and keep my otterbox on.

Decisions! Decisions!

If I don't go with the mophie I'm thinking of getting this...

http://retail.contourdesign.com/?/products/15

15. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

Is that a battery? It looks like a dual charger.

16. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

Yes it is...a dual charger. =)

17. fredf macrumors 6502

18. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

I own and love the Fuel...I also store the iPhone in my pocket. As long as you dont paint your pants on, it works just fine and offers additional screen protection. I slide my Fuel with iphone glass side against my body and hook the belt clip over the top of my pocket. It works great and has given me an additonal two days of use for a total of 3-4 days before I need to recharge. Being able to select when to use the power is a great option as well. The only downside to this case is that it does not protect the top of your iPhone. Hope that helps.

19. cc2096 macrumors regular

cc2096

I too have the Fuel and love it. I wear mine as designed on the belt and find the protection it offers to be adequate. Obviously if you are super hard on your phone you don't want this case. But if you are careful with it it is a really good case. The battery is amazing. I can go all day with super heavy use (music, movies, surfing, 5+ hours of calls, email, SMS, pic/vid taking, games, etc) without needing to stop for a recharge.

And yes I really do ALL of those things daily with my iPhone, it's my lifeblood.:D

20. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

My friend just sent me the Richard Solo 1800 the other day and i love it. It packs a lot of juice, and its just awesome to have something like this to "wirelessly charge" in its own sense when your on a long trip or something.

21. brian5 macrumors member

brian5

Check out this new CNET review for the Just Mobile Gum Pro. That's the one that I'm going to buy today. It's small, 4400mAh, and less expensive than some less capable models.

22. emailYasmin macrumors member

emailYasmin

23. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I can vouch for the Mophie Juicepack air. Fits great, and I carry it around using an HTC leather pouch I got at Best Buy. The bottom button to turn the pack on or off is very handy. The one drawback is that sometimes it gets stuck and is hard to take out (tight fit). I turn the iPhone around and use my two thumbs to pry down on the speaker holes, and that seems to work OK.