Battery Packs again

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by comda, Aug 23, 2014.

1. comda macrumors 6502a

comda

Greetings Mac Rumors!

Today while at the mall i was asking questions about the mophie juice packs and was informed from numerous sales men including friends that when plugged in it charges the phone first then the case. Unless i remove the phone from it to charge it. IN this case i want to know is it safe to buy these "cheapies" off ebay for like $20? Ive heard of them burning you if they get too hot in your pocket or even damaging your iPhone. As a university student i have not another $100 to pamper my iPhone with. Its an iPhone 5…
    This one here looks really nice. A switch an extra usb 1000 times charges and a 4200 may battery for like $20.. What do you think?

2. chupachup macrumors 6502

Do not buy fake Mophie battery packs. That's what they sell here in thailand. They're all fakes. They last about 3 months and then they won't charge your phone much at all.

The proper way to use it is to use the case just to charge the phone when it is not in use preferably. Once it's done, you can remove the phone from the case. It doesn't do anything but add bulk.

It'll charge it from 20% to maybe 80% or 90% depending if you used the phone.

It is best to just get a phone that will last all day in the first place, which is what I did.

I threw away the fake Mophie. Gave the iPhone to my wife and got a phone that actually lasts me all day long.

Incidentally here is my iPhone (now my wife's iPhone) plugged in. As usual. The cable is already tearing apart.

[​IMG]

3. comda thread starter macrumors 6502a

comda

well i currently have this cheap power brick i bought, it too is a knock off but has a 2200mah battery and charges my phone just fine. only had it for a week though.. And this one here on ebay looks great. you disagree?

4. comda thread starter macrumors 6502a

comda

5. ogremoustro macrumors 6502a

ogremoustro

I bought the uNu DX Protective Battery Case for iPhone 5S for $50.00. It's 2300mAh so it charges the phone from 0% to 100% if the phone is not being used. It's thicker than other battery cases because of the battery capacity. I myself wouldn't buy a knockoff, might be dangerous. Maybe try this one? It's not very expensive and possibly safer than knockoffs. http://www.amazon.com/Certified-Rec...ds=battery+case+iPhone+5&tag=webtoolandtec-20

----------

That case is for the 5c.