Battery Percentage Jumping

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SteveHFC, Mar 20, 2017.

1. SteveHFC macrumors member

SteveHFC

On my current iPhone 7 plus, I've noticed very recently since the last update. That my battery percentage on my phone will jump like 29% to 27% or 24% to 22% etc. I just spoke to Apple online using their live chat and I have no issues with my phone and my phone is in excellent health. So I'm wondering If this is a software issue or something else.

2. iphonehype macrumors 6502

They may have updated there allgorthim to be more accurate however no other reports I'm aware off.

I'd say kill the battery and overnight do a complete charge from dead and see what happens.

Did Apple do a remote diagnostics or just walk you through some steps? Not sure how accurate the remote diagnostics is....maybe someone else can help here

3. SteveHFC thread starter macrumors member

SteveHFC

They done a remote diagnostics and the results came back that my phone was all healthy.

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I do not think a jump of just 2% is a big deal. The battery gauge is dynamic and depending on what you phone is doing at that moment, the battery percentage adjusts.

5. iphonehype macrumors 6502

Try the charge method of draining and recharging. You using genuine Apple charger, closing apps in the background? Can you share screen-shot of battery activity under settings?

6. imagineadam macrumors 6502a

Completely normal. I suggest to chill out and turn off the battery meter and just use your phone and charge at the end of the day or as needed. Trust me you'll feel much better not ocding about this.

And newton is right on. Depending on what you are doing the percentage will adjust accordingly sometimes skipping a few percentages when it's calculating battery use depending on the load.

Say you go outside and snap some pictures and the screen goes to full brightness for a few minutes with the camera on. This could cause a quick drop in voltage and iOS says "hmm time to drop the percentage a few notches". But then you go back inside and the screen dims and camera is off and the percentage sticks there for longer and iOS says "hmm maybe I should just leave the percentage here for awhile till I figure out how much voltage is truly here on average".

At least this is my experience over the years.

Just turn off the percentage and be happy. :)