Battery percentage shown wrongly?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tjedora, Jul 13, 2017.

1. tjedora macrumors newbie

tjedora

Hi!

I just recently started using the app Battery Health 3 and when I look at the stats there while charging the Mac (MBP 13" 2016 w/ TB), I can see it being at 100% but it is still charging. The mAh number is still rising as I have the cable plugged in until it reaches the actual Current Max:
    [​IMG]
    I can also still feel the vibration when I move my finger on the chassis of the MBP. Is there a way to "reset" the battery percentage variable that feeds the app and the standard battery percentage indicator?

2. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 65816

New_Mac_Smell

Just look in the system report, these battery indicator apps seem to do nothing but needlessly worry people.

3. tjedora thread starter macrumors newbie

tjedora

It's the same there. Battery is charged to 100% according to the stock battery percentage icon and in the system report there is a 300-400 mAh difference between current charge and max charge. It eventually climbs up to max charge but it stays on 100% while doing so.

4. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 65816

New_Mac_Smell

But does it say "Charging"?

What exactly is your question by the way, are you concerned about this charging? The system will intelligently cycle the top few percent in order to not leave it at 100% when charged, this is to prolong the battery life. If that answers the question.

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Its showing you the % of the theoretical capacity of the battery all batteries are slightly different and some have a higher capacity than the theoretical, basically your battery is better than minimum specs and works accordingly.

6. tjedora thread starter macrumors newbie

tjedora