Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you use the battery percentage feature?

• Yes

Votes: 138 80.2%
  • No

Votes: 34 19.8%

• Total voters

jahoys

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
Earth
i use it but just the number. got rid of the battery icon and the % sign using clean status from cydia.

PaulyD

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2010
UK
Always had this turned on myself.

Miss it when its turned off. Good to know exactly how much is left so can know whether you can still hammer the phone a bit or try hold off if you know you are going to be out a while with no access to a charger

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I keep it on. I'm not overly intense about it, but it's nice to know if i'm running a little low so I can dial back on usage until I recharge

sneaky butcher

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2011
Battery Percentage!

One of the things I missed about iOS/iPhone 4S is the ability to see how much battery life you have left, in numbers.

Android phones don't have the option to do this. I guess they don't need to since many phones have terrible battery life.

yeah it annoys me android doesn't have the % in the battery icon, especially because on my phone the icon can look about 25% but the actual percentage is 40+% . But you can get battery widgets so its not too bad

(the quota usage widget is for 3G data)

picture.php

Last edited:

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I use it. It's useful to know so you can judge whether or not to do frivolous things, or in my case whether or not to play FIFA all day...

To play or not to play, that is the question!

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I have the battery percentage enabled. I'm a bit OCD with my battery since I use my phone a lot at work. I guess that's why I have a USB cable to charge my phone at work and a car charger as well.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I have the battery percentage enabled. I'm a bit OCD with my battery since I use my phone a lot at work. I guess that's why I have a USB cable to charge my phone at work and a car charger as well.

I'm the same way. I have a USB charger at work, one in the car, and two at home (one for the iPad, one for the phone).

FWIW, I turned it on last night, it drove me crazy to see how fast it dropped so I turned it back off. :)

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I normally have it on but don't usually care about it. As long as my phone goes throughout the day is what matters for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.