iPod touch Battery Percentage

jtre1

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2012
So apparently the 3gs was more porwerful than the iPod touch 4g with the A4 chip.

timychann

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
IIRC, you used to be able to use iBackupBot or some other software which allows you to edit the plist of a backup, and then when you restore from backup, it would have the battery percentage.

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
So apparently the 3gs was more porwerful than the iPod touch 4g with the A4 chip.
The 3GS isn't more powerful, the reason it doesn't have the battery percent is because if it did it would be inaccurate. The reason for this is that Apple didn't include the hardware to accurately determine the battery.

IIRC, you used to be able to use iBackupBot or some other software which allows you to edit the plist of a backup, and then when you restore from backup, it would have the battery percentage.
Good tip, but it is a little bit inaccurate because there isn't hardware to accurately determine battery percent :)

k1lljoy

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
North Carolina
Are talking about the numeral percentage next to the battery symbol like the iPhone? I wondered the same thing, I figured it was hardware except when you jailbreak you can turn it on just like that an it's perfectly accurate. I've had the percentage for a year. I don't know why apple doesn't just allow it