Battery Percentage?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by noobinator, Jun 20, 2009.

1. noobinator macrumors 68040

I thought the 3GS was supposed to have the battery % listed? Mine does not. Is there a way to turn it on or was I wrong in thinking it would have it?

2. magpie maniac macrumors 6502

magpie maniac

Look under Usage.

3. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

4. shoppy macrumors 6502a

I was going to ask the same thing but googled it, you go to settings, general, usage and there you hav eteh battery percentage indicator toggle. Only works on iphone 3G's.

5. noobinator thread starter macrumors 68040

I swear I looked everywhere in settings and couldn't find it. Everywhere except where it was apparently. Thanks guys :eek:

6. JasonReid macrumors member

mine is turned off, but it won't go away... any ideas?

Attached Files:

7. Titan12 macrumors regular

You know... speaking of the battery percent meter, I think it actually makes me more neurotic about my battery life, lol. I may just turn mine off and relax.

8. BlownJetta macrumors member

I feel the same way actually, I find myself checking the phone just to see the battery life more often than I ever did with my old 3G. I'm thinking about turning it off also.

9. jobsfnby macrumors regular

i have a 3G, NOT 3GS and i have the percentage display next to the battery but i don't have an on/off toggle for it. any ideas?
    if it helps im running one of the 3.0GM versions before it was released

10. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

Did you jailbreak previously? As if I had to ask...

11. Acronym macrumors 68000

You must have been jailbroken before your upgrade cause the 3G cannot have it otherwise

12. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Reset.

13. MadDog31 macrumors 6502a

*whew*...and I thought I was the only one that felt this way. I'll leave it on for a while longer to see if I can get used to it. I keep telling myself that "oh wow, that much battery gone in the image meant I had 90% left? That's not so bad..." and then move on with my day.

...but it's oh, so tough. :(

14. jobsfnby macrumors regular

i had updated previously but it wasn't just a number, it's actually the percentage next to the battery. i was suprised with it there because i know it carries over with updating but normally its just when u tap the battery the numbers come on but with this the percentage was always on

15. Knoxville3G macrumors member

I actually love having the battery percentage showing.....and as a matter of fact....I've gotten 2 days of use out of my new 3G-S on a SINGLE CHARGE!!! This new phone kicks major ass...I was on the fence about upgrading, but seriously, this is the best iPhone yet. Props to Apple yet again! :)

16. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Love the new Battery Percentage

I am the opposite of the "more neurotic" group. Looking at the analog battery was always just a guess at how much battery life I had and was always afraid I would run out before I had a chance to re-charge it. Now, with the percent I feel I have a better feel for how much battery is left. I have friends that are still on the 3G and Apple really needs to make this available for them as well. Example: I just hit the red < 20% indicator. The < 20% really helps but the battery looks like it is completely empty. Just to see how long it would last I started a movie and it ran for about 1 hour before battery was completely drained (I normally like to drain the battery when I first get it and then fully recharge. After that I just keep it topped off.)

P.S. I much rather have a digital watch then an analog watch. I know the analog looks better. I just like seeing at a glance that it is exactly 6:42.