Battery Percentage?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Confuzzeled23, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Confuzzeled23 macrumors regular

Hey Everyone,
    I use Windows 7 as my main OS on my Macbook. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced their battery percentage after charging saying 100%. Then it does not charge, which is normal. But I notice that the charge goes down after a while, like it is left plugged in, but it goes from like 100% down slowly to like 97% and 95%.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this with their macbooks?

Thanks.

PS - I use Mac OS X during school hours for the battery life :p lol

2. MacTech68, Feb 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

I don't own one, but this is normal behaviour.

There is electronics inside the battery which will slowly drain the battery.

When the battery is fully charged, you don't want it to re-charge as soon as it reaches 99%. Instead, it waits until it's dis-charged to 93%. If you leave it hooked up to your AC Adapter, it will eventually re-charge once it drops to 93%.

This article explains that this is normal.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1909
    ________
    green crack pictures

3. markgerazzi macrumors newbie

4. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

It looks like the newer Apple machines don't start charging until they hit 93%, but older Intel machines will charge up when they drain to 95%.

5. King Mook Mook macrumors 6502

That is completely normal behaviour! See the second post. This happens on my Mac too, and my friends so also don't be worried it is just you!

King Mook Mook