Battery percentages incorrect

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Giorga, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Giorga macrumors newbie

I have never seen my iphone on 60%,30% or 27% , it never shows that percentages for example when its on 61% after a few minutes it instantly drops to 59%, does anyone knows what's wrong with it or how to fix it?

2. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

I would suggest, settings-->general-->usage-->battery percentage and turn it off. This will give you time to use for something else during the day.

3. Giorga thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried that but then i stucked with no power on phone in required moment, so i want to check the battery percentage no matter other things you consider are better to do in that micro-seconds, but anyway in some ways you are right but thats another subject
    Now what i wonder is if there is a hardware issue because i noticed that battery drains fast recently

4. imagineadam macrumors 6502a

Ah yep another one! Yup this is happening to all iPhones on iOS 8-8.1. I've been posting/complaining about this same things all over these forums. Apple needs to fix this. Super annoying. Happens while charging too. Turn on your percentage you will see.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1791147&highlight=iphone+5+battery+percentage

5. odditie macrumors 6502

If you are worried about the battery draining faster than normal I would focus on the usage data Apple provides.

There are others that have mentioned this bug before. I don't think it has anything to do with the actual battery dropping faster at those "spots".

6. Giorga thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay so thats software issue apparently, i hope they will fix it

Yeah i check battery usage at least once a day or even more, and i ussually get 5.5 hours of usage sometimes a litte a bit more if i dont use cellular internet

7. LordQ Suspended

LordQ

I think ranges and/or calibration are a bit off... My phone keeps shutting down between 4% and 8%.

8. Giorga thread starter macrumors newbie

You should recalibrate your battery, i did and percentage is pretty accurate not to mention those bugs mentioned above