Battery Performance after updating to IOS6

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by mykelala01, Sep 20, 2012.

1. mykelala01 macrumors 6502

mykelala01

I think both of my 3gs and iPhone 4 battery performance degrade since the update. Compare to yesterday when I am still using 5.1.1. Is this a software bug? That hopefully Apple will address in the future.... Cant wait to receive my Iphone 5 and how it perform.

And one more thing App store on IOS 6 is kinda buggy, I am not sure if my Ipad 2 is just getting old or the interface is just natural laggy.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

One thing that I've had good luck with after updating to a new iOS version and experiencing quick battery loss, more than normal is to turn the phone completely off for a few minutes and then turn it back on. This seems to reset things and the battery usage goes back to normal.

3. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

You can't accurately judge battery performance after using it for less than a day... especially when most of that day is spent installing, upgrading, and testing out new features (many of which use location services - a known battery drain).

4. mykelala01 thread starter macrumors 6502

mykelala01

then I will get back to you after a week...and report my observation thanks.

5. David Webb macrumors newbie

Upgraded last night and been using as normal today, noticing battery performance is not as good as in iOS 5. Will try switching off as suggested above..