Battery Performance, Wow!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by James17, Aug 4, 2008.

1. James17 macrumors 6502

When I got my macbook pro in June, Coconut Battery reported battery health between 97% and 99%. After my careful treatment and successful cycles I am now happy to show off my battery's new health and the recent jump in battery life as a result. Check out the screenshots. This is what I call good battery life.

Attached Files:

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You either didn't get it in June or CoconutBattery is messing up the date...

Good job on the calibrating, though...

3. James17 thread starter macrumors 6502

June 17th I got it, the date on Coconut is when it was manufactured which means it was manufactured in April.

4. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

5. GuyInTheBack macrumors member

GuyInTheBack

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

7. James17 thread starter macrumors 6502

No secret tuning guys. I'm not that advanced.:D I went through weeks with it between 97% and 100% but I figured if I kept charging it to 100%, leaving it plugged in for a while then using it on battery till it completely turned off then going through that process a few times a week hoping it would get better. I've not seen many macbook pros at 100% when they ship and are charged but my friends blacbook is always 100%. Now I can say mine is too. Care to share your battery stats with us? I advise you both to do what I've done for a few weeks and see if you notice an improvement if you don't already do that, that is. Note that I've never interrupted a charge, the MBP is either charging to 100% before I take the power out or it's being used down from 100% on battery. I'm very pertinacity and precise on the use of it since it's first charge.

There is no reason why your MBP's can't be 100% health and excellent battery life since it's all about the care you take of them since they're naturally good quality batteries.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Keep cycling it? Well the last I did that my battery died at 30 cycles :p

9. James17 thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh dear:eek: Your current stats on that powerhouse MBP if you don't mind:) ?

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

No this wasn't on my MBP, but sure you can have it:

[​IMG]