Battery pourcentage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dentifrice, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Dentifrice macrumors 6502

Hi,

I have a problem with my battery pourcentage. I don't have an iphone 6S like the problem apple is working on.

It's been doing it for some weeks. Can't really say if it's the last update or not...

My problem is that my pourcentage is...f*** up. As an example, just 5 minutes ago, I was at 40 % of battery, then suddently, I dropped to 17 %. I plug the power cable....back to 40 % !

My phone seems to have less battery life too. One thing I saw is that at the begining, it was powering off by it self when I had 1% of battery left. Now my phone closes at 5 %.

anyone else ?

2. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

It's a known problem. Apple is working on it. See recent macrumor's article.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

It sounds like your battery is bad. Take it to Apple and have them check it.

Batteries do go bad over time.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 18, 2016 ---
    I don't think this is the same issue, based on OP's reported symptoms. OP's battery is probably bad.

4. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Always good to take to Apple or get on phone and have Apple check it on line. That's good advise for anyone that thinks they have battery issues. Have Apple check it out before coming to forums. We can't really do much for you here.

5. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

" Percentage " :confused:

6. kamalds macrumors regular

See that's why I prefer buying phones with removable batteries. You can change them at home and can carry extra batteries too

7. colorfuel macrumors member

Batteries go bad over time, especially after 3 years (iPhone 5). Changing the battery on an iPhone 5 isnt actually that difficult. It gives the phone alot of usability back.

You just dont want to buy the cheapest you can find. Usually ifixit batteries are pretty good (according to reviews). I used fixoo myself and never had problems. Both the 4S and the 5 battery iI bought came with 0 load cycles.

You could also check with Apple and see how much they ask for a battery replacement.

8. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Judging by this person's username, they are French-speaking (dentifrice is the French word for toothpaste) and pourcentage is French for well...percentage. I'm native English-speaking but ahve lived in French-speaking Geneva long enough to occasionally mix up both spellings btw.

To "toothpaste" - just to repeat what others said allez-y chez Apple to find out if your battery needs replacing.

9. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

If I am not mistaken Apple can do the diagnostics right over the phone and you may not need to have the battery replaced.

10. Dentifrice thread starter macrumors 6502

I'll go to apple

and for this "pourcentage" thing, yes I'm french. Yes I have a auto-correct keyboard. Yes it auto-correct my percentage and yes I didn't see it because I read my text again too quickly.

Voilà, it's that easy :)