Battery Power Usage

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by uluchay, Feb 9, 2012.

1. uluchay macrumors newbie

Hello everyone;

I have a little problem, CoconutBattery shows extremely high Battery Power Usage just after the charge is completed, When I unplug the magsafe and plug it in again the value drops to reasonable values like 7-11 Watts. Here is a screenshot of the incident after last 6 charges.

[​IMG]

First of all, what does this "Battery Power Usage" mean? Is it the amount of power that my adapter takes from the wall plug? I use a 60 W adapter is it possible for the adapter to drain more power than it's design capacity? We had an unexpectedly high electric bill last month so I am a bit worried if this might be the reason.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

"Battery power usage: Using the MacOS internal power information, coconutBattery calculates the current power consumption of your MacBook"

Charging your Mac won't have a noticeable impact on your electricity bill. Here are some facts about the current MacBook Pro's energy savings, most of which also applies to other Apple notebooks over the past several years.

You're really better off not worrying about tracking your battery data too closely. Just relax and enjoy your Mac. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: