Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rph12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2012
I just replaced the screen in my iPhone 4s. I put it all back together and it all works well (minus the lag when typing...that's for another thread I guess...); however, the battery keeps cutting out sometimes (screen blanks out as if your battery had just run out of life) and then proceeds to immediately begin to reboot on it's own.

So the question is: What is wrong? Why is this happening? How come my phone hates me? Why do they make the screens so hard to replace on the new iPhone 4s? Why does Apple hate my happiness? Why can't I haz cheezberger? How can I fix it?

(Ignore all questions except for the first and last >.>)

DutchAmerican

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2012
Drunen, Netherlands
I just replaced the screen in my iPhone 4s. I put it all back together and it all works well (minus the lag when typing...that's for another thread I guess...); however, the battery keeps cutting out sometimes (screen blanks out as if your battery had just run out of life) and then proceeds to immediately begin to reboot on it's own.

So the question is: What is wrong? Why is this happening? How come my phone hates me? Why do they make the screens so hard to replace on the new iPhone 4s? Why does Apple hate my happiness? Why can't I haz cheezberger? How can I fix it?

(Ignore all questions except for the first and last >.>)

I think they did not install well the new screen. Everything has to be connected well and I think something is loose or is broken..

rph12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2012
Double check the you have pushed all connectors and make sure you get an OEM battery instead of aftermarket.

The battery that is in it is still the *original* battery, it is the screen that was replaced. Where can I get an OEM 4s battery at? I don't feel safe ordering it anywhere without reviews...

Also, an update: I let my phone drain the whole way down to try and "recalibrate" it. I then plugged it in and now, instead of going to the battery low indication, it simply keeps trying to boot, shutting down half way through the boot, then rebooting again. I assume this is some sort of indication that whatever monitors the actual battery life has failed. Does this mean it is the battery itself? Or another component that could have possibly been fried whenever I changed out my screen?

----------

I think they did not install well the new screen. Everything has to be connected well and I think something is loose or is broken..

This doesn't really make sense because you can theorhetically remove the LCD connectors and the phone won't shut off...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.