Battery Problem? And TEMP.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SirOhYeah, Mar 7, 2013.

1. SirOhYeah macrumors newbie

hey guys,

I've had my macbook for about less than a month now and i had some questions about the battery and temperature.

Battery: So far, i use my mb 97% when its not plugged in to the AC adaptor. Which means that i watch youtube, play games like WoW (on the lowest graphics setting), and use social networking sites like twitter and facebook often. I use my mb, than when it gets to about 65 %, i put it to sleep and charge it. Is that all right? because so far, i've used up 16 cycles! should i just keep it plugged in all the time when im not using is portably and as a decktop laptop, then unplug after 2-3 days? I've seen some other threads that say people keep their computers plugged in at all times and have only used like 4 cycles, and they've had it longer than me.

Temperature: when i watch youtube or play WoW on lowest possible setting(i only use one application at a time), my computer gets up to about 50* plus on the CPU Heat sink! And about 45-45 degrees on some other parts (all measured by iStat pro) Is it normal for this to be happening? how could i control the temp.?

Any help is appreciated, but i mostly want someone to adress my battery problem,
    Thanks!

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Leave it plugged in most of the time, every few weeks or so unplug it and use the battery.
    As for the Temps, those are not hight, they are normal.

Laptop Battery Guide

3. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

Those temps are fine- my G5 idles higher than that!

4. SirOhYeah thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, I've been crapping myself because I thought it had a defect lol