battery problem! macbook pro automaticly shut down

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ardiro, Jul 14, 2009.

1. ardiro macrumors newbie

i have bought macbook pro 895 for 2years. and recently i found my battery had problems. when battery fullcharged, i only can use half a hour, then the book shut down sundenly and automaticly, no warning dialog, no shut process, directly black screen. in fact, just before shut down, it shows battey remains 60%. and when i touch the iron button on battery, 3 light remains.

who knows why? any software can show real condition of battery? in apple it shows full charge about 3800mah, and 50 cycling. is there any way to save my battery?

everyday i put charge on and use book for about 1hour, and maybe every 3 month i full use battery and then recharge it. is it a bad usage? someone tell me, if not necessary, just full charge battery and put battery aside, only use adapter, then every 3 month use and charge battery once. is that right?

thx a lot!!

2. ardiro thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Ann P macrumors 68020

This sounds like a defect since there are only about 50 cycles. Do you have a local Apple store that you can bring it into? You can even try calling them and see what they suggest.