Battery Problem? (not full charge?)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by labyrinthworm, Nov 15, 2008.

1. labyrinthworm macrumors newbie

I just got my MBP a few days ago, and the charge was at 100% (i haven't really used just battery power yet), and over the last couple days it says "BATTERY IS CHARGED" but the complete percent is now at 97%, it should be going higher than that! - like to 100%, is there something wrong with my battery that 97% is now what 100% was?
    iStat Pro says :
    Battery Health : 99%
    Cycles : 1
    Charge : 97%
    CHARGED

new computer new battery should be at 100%!

2. labyrinthworm thread starter macrumors newbie

also , what is the avg. battery times supposed to be? when i unplugged to see for the 9600 it said 2.5 hours, then literally 2 minutes later said 1:45 , which seems really lower (as I have heard of times up to 4 - 5 hours?)

EDIT : i just plugged it in (has been unplugged for maybe 10 minutes) and it says its going to take an HOUR and 30 minutes to fully charge? that makes no sense for 10 minutes of time to take over an hour to recharge?

3. bebetc macrumors member

bebetc

I have the same problem and I call Apple about it because my battery came with 3 cycles counts too, so I don't know what is the deal because I had the previous MBP and I never had that problem before and I always use my computer connected to the power I really don't know what is up with this batteries they send me a new one but is doing the same thing !!! :rolleyes:

4. kobefan234 macrumors 6502

kobefan234

5. MVApple macrumors 6502a

My macbook does the same thing =/

Except mine reads 99%

If I drain some of the battery and charge it, it'll charge to 100% and then in a short while it'll drop to 99% despite the fact that its been plugged in the whole time.

So we have defective batteries?

6. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

No, your batteries are all perfectly healthy and also smart. They don't charge back up until they are below 95% to increase battery life. Otherwise, they would recharge way too often and unnecessarily.

7. labyrinthworm thread starter macrumors newbie

okay that makes sense but what about the fact that when i put it below 93% (to boost it to 100%) that it took over an hour ? (seems it should take not an hour to charge 7%)

and also, is 1:45 a correct full battery charge (with 9600), it said 2:18 then 2 minutes later said 1:38, shouldn't be losing 40 minutes in two, and it seems like for a full battery charge that i should be getting more than 1:38? (what are people averaging for a full charge?)