Battery problem on new phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jwolz, Jan 5, 2009.

1. jwolz macrumors newbie

I activated my new iPhone yesterday afternoon after fully charging it overnight. Played around with it for about 45 min, then set it down for about 5 hours. Picked it up again and had 10% battery warning. I let the battery go to zero, recharged overnight, took it off the charger this morning and within two hours I was at about 50% battery life remaining. All I did was check email two times. Didn't even make any calls. Phone was still on default settings -- autolock after 1 min, wi-fi turned off, etc. All the things that should extend battery life. Is the battery defective or is there something I'm missing? Thanks.

2. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

that sounds like a faulty battery. i'd take it back to your nearest apple store.

3. bwortman macrumors member

bwortman

I would be heading the Apple Store and asking for a replacement...nice of course

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

You should try a software restore once. It's possible something is messed up that's draining the battery.

But, after you do that, if it still happens, take it in.

The reason I say this is that's what they'll say to you: "Did you update to the newest software and try restoring the phone?"

If you can say "yes, I did that" you'll be in a much better position.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

See if you can get multiple screenshots before you get to the Apple Store...:(

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I don't think that's really necessary....

7. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

I agree with the restore, if there was a problem with the software, then it would save you a trip to the apple store.