Battery Problem & What To Bring?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by SourApplesJack, May 25, 2010.

1. SourApplesJack macrumors newbie

So my macbook is almost 2 years old, and the battery is bending, I've noticed this for a while, it didn't look like a huge deal but now one side sticks out a lot. When I took it out today the metal casing was separating from it and it was hard to get the battery back in. I want to take it to the apple store my questions are will they cover this, I'm out of warranty, but I read somewhere they cover this no matter how long ago you purchased your mac, secondly if they don't about how much would a new battery cost, and last do I need to take my laptop to the store or can I just bring in the battery to show them what's wrong, nothing else is wrong and I really don't want to haul it in and be forced to leave in the car the rest of the day. Thank you for any answers or advice!

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

If I were you I would take the MacBook to the store as well as the battery. And yes, they will replace the battery:D

3. SourApplesJack thread starter macrumors newbie

Gr, really didn't want to bring the whole thing, but thank you, whatever makes it easier for them.