Battery Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LevMac, Nov 5, 2010.

1. LevMac macrumors 6502

LevMac

Hey guys,

I have noticed my iPhone 4 battery draining, without using it too full on for games and running applications...

Every minute or so I could see the battery percentage metre dropping by 1%.

I have disabled push notification for email and have turned auto brightness setting on for the display.

I also drained my battery for the first time last night until it completely shut off then charged it back up to 100%.

With 25mins of use, im down to 89% from 100% with push turned off

Is this normal ??

Usage = 27mins
    Standby = 7hrs, 4mins
    Battery Percentage = 88%

2. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Looks good to me considering your standby time.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

No, it’s not normal. Exactly what is your 25 minutes of use? Surfing the web? Texting? What?

4. andrei.barbuta macrumors regular

I just bought an iPhone 4 yesterday and it seems that the battery is draining really fast.
    I'm waiting to drain it entirely and the back to full to see if that changes anything. I'll keep you guys noted.

I remember in the beginning of the year that the Mobile operator in my case Orange Romania did something to the network that it started to drained a lot of battery power, this was for 3 months maybe and I was using a 3G then.

5. jobless macrumors newbie

Hey guys....

I notice this problems started after Oct. My battery drop 1% each use. If you try to disable your cellular data ..you will see the different.
    Check out this topic that been discuss hours ago..

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1044211

6. emkwan macrumors regular

emkwan

Thanks jobless I found the thread really helped. Also something simple but yet I can't explain is I found turning off the battery percentage seemed to give me improved battery life.

7. mpossoff macrumors 68020

don't forget to factor standby time cause although when in standby the battery goes down but not much, maybe 1%/hour.

So 7 hours of standby equates to about 7%'ish minus his usage.

So approx: 100% - 7%( being on standby)= 93% is the real factor to consider.

So the real factor is 93%- his usage = 88%

So he used 7% battery in 25 mins usage. If on 3G then that's a factor. Also what kind of usage is a factor.

Marc

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Seriously, a few people in this thread have no idea what they're talking about, especially mpossoff, but this isn't the first time he's spread misinformation. You're not going to lose 1%/hr in standby unless something is running in the background to cause a loss. You're meter has nothing to do with battery loss as well