battery problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by polishmacuser, Jan 27, 2008.

1. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

my phone never will show that its fully charged in itunes or on the iphone. Well it will show on the top right that its charged but not on the battery. I have a pic i tried restoring and everything. Do you think i should send it in. Plus my battery life isnt that great. :(

Attached Files:

2. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

i think that s just the way it is, my iPod touch stops right there too.

3. polishmacuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

well my father has an iphone too and when the battery is charged, it glows and you dont see that black gap.

4. polishmacuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

and this is what itunes shows, and this sucks so my battery is dying

Attached Files:

5. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

i dunno then.. maybe my ipod is messed too...but i doubt it.. i ll let it charge all the way and then let you know

6. polishmacuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

7. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

8. RasaFrasa macrumors member

I'm on my second iPhone (first one's screen broke, this one's a refurb) in November and it has never charged all the way up. I've never had any issues with the battery but if it ever starts giving me problems I'll take it back to the Apple store.

I guess what I'm trying to say is if as long as your battery lasts 4-6 hours don't worry about it too much because it still works and it could be worse.

9. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

How long have you had the phone and what kind of battery life do you get? Depending on what you use the most, battery life of actual usage should be between 4-6 hours. If you rarely use it the battery should last over 24 hours of standby with an hour or so of use. Remember to keep bluetooth off, use the screen auto-lock and turn on the auto-brightness feature. Also EDGE usage drains the battery fast. I have had my iPhone since June and I still get 5 or 6 hours of usage with some standby time.

10. polishmacuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

well i guess it gets 4-6 hours but its just weird i listen to some music for 10 inutes or so and check my mail and i see the battery gauge go down. I had this phone since june its actually my second one my first one broke in the first week so ok july lol. Ive hacked it so many times unlocked it with iunlock,then anysim, then just iphonesimfree.So i had to plug into the computer often can that be the case. Well now im jalibroken free. So i dont think thats the problem. Ive restored millions of times.

11. Monk Edsel macrumors regular

Mine charges all the way up. There is no black space left once it's finished charging.

Attached Files:

12. polishmacuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

ya i hate you lol jk it used to do that on mine but now it just stopped as i said when i was hacking the phone i constantly plugged my phone in and out would that damage the phone?

13. Monk Edsel macrumors regular

I'm not sure, but I doubt it. Perhaps the battery needs to be recalibrated the way laptop batteries need to be from time to time. Have you tried letting the battery completely drain to empty, and then letting it charge to full?

14. polishmacuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

the picture that i posted was actually the second time it was calibrated oh and the next day of the charged iphone is pretty much already dead. Four hours of usage, not even 10 minutes of internet, the rest is 2 sms or more i but definitely less than 10 and the rest talking. And its on the verge of going red. I dont know what to do?

15. Monk Edsel macrumors regular

Since your phone is completely free of hacks now, I'd just take it to Apple and see if they will fix or replace the phone under warranty. The worst they can do is tell you "no."