Battery Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by slinky1, Oct 11, 2008.

1. slinky1 macrumors member

I have had my MBP 15.5" 2G for nearly a year.I work from home and use it every day.It is connected to a power supply all the time,including external hard drive, supply,as well as printer and audio speakers(they all have there own power supply.When i take my Mac out and use the batterie,it lasts about 30 minutes.Have i damaged the life of the batterie by having it connected to the power supply most of the time?

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You are suppose to power cycle the battery at least once per month…

Well if you are within one year, you can probably get a replacement for free; if you are over year, you will need to buy a new battery; either way, start cycling it at least once per month.

3. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Does the battery drain steadily (as in 3% for every minute) or does it suddenly go out on you while the percentage is still high (as in the computer shuts down at 70%)?

Does it go through sudden free falls (as in drops from 50% to 20% within a minute)?

All of these things may be different problems, and there is a problem some users have reported (including me) with mbps and 10.5.5 involving a sudden shutdown at a random percentage.

Calibrate your battery first (the poster above provided the link) and see if the problem persists. If it does, it might be time for a new battery from Apple (because yours would be undoubtedly defective).