Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hen wen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2009
Hello!

I recently switched to mac, about 13 days ago, everything is going fine, I love my macbook and had no problems with the switch. But about 4 days ago I noticed that my macbook, when the batery is above 95% it won't charge! I have to let it go to 94% at least to do a full charge. I afraid of it getting worse, and that I need to replace the battery, and that usually takes some time here, and I don't know if I have to send the entire macbook and not just the battery for support because here (Portugal) we don't have an official apple store.

So, I can replace the macbook for a new one, because I'm in day 13 (I have until 15 days), do you think it's worth it? May this get worse/is this a real problem?

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
Download coconut battery and tell us what it says; specifically "maximum capacity" and "current capacity" (when the battery indicator says it's only at 95%). My "maximum" charge according to the battery indicator usually fluctuates a few percentage points from 100%.

hen wen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2009
Download coconut battery and tell us what it says; specifically "maximum capacity" and "current capacity" (when the battery indicator says it's only at 95%). My "maximum" charge according to the battery indicator usually fluctuates a few percentage points from 100%.

Current battery capacity: 4183 mAh
Original battery capacity: 4100 mAh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.