Battery problems after update?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gitfiddle, Sep 19, 2010.

1. gitfiddle macrumors newbie

My wife and I both have 3G ipod touches. After the update this past week, mine is still working fine, but she says her battery is running out much more quickly than it was before. Is anyone else experiencing this? Have any ideas what it might be?

2. traxxasthomas macrumors member

i have the same problem with my 2g 8gb ipod touch I get about 20min of 3d gaming. 6 houres of music ect...

3. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

It's some of the programs in multitasking drawers that suck the battery. Double click the home button, and close all of them (by touching them for few seconds and tapping the "do not enter" button)

4. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

Most Apps are fine in the background - but some that poll the Internet frequently really suck down the battery fast.

I found that the current version of Skype will drain my battery completely in the course of 6 hours even with the iPod Touch (4th gen in my case) turned "off".

I've made it a habbit to just close Skype (from the task switching bar) if I'm not going to be using it.

A lot of Apps are pretty new to iOS 4.1, so it will take developers a little while to make adjustments to handle battery life better.

(ps I love the Skype app by the way. I hope it gets a "backgrounded" battery update soon.)