Battery Problems and Hard drive noise

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chendo, Nov 12, 2007.

1. chendo macrumors member

I've been having problems with my MBP recently... one that recently cropped up is persistent hard drive noise which sounds like vibrations, as they come and go every few seconds. Is it my hard drive dying? And will it be covered under Applecare?

Also, whenever my battery life drops below around 80%, the whole laptop just shuts off. It doesn't boot, battery indicator on the battery shows four out of five, and it will only boot if I plug the charger back in. Any ideas? I'm planning to take it to a store today to get it checked out anyway.

2. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

Possibly. Quite often you'll hear clicking of the sort that shouldn't be coming from a computer... But impending drive failure doesn't always even show any signs... Back up your data and be safe. Applecare will cover it assuming you haven't dropped it or spilled liquid on it; then all bets are off.

Now that's not good; Sounds like a faulty battery if you ask me. That's obviously something AC will take care of too. You can try and calibrate it, but I wouldn't even bother if it has the symptoms you describe.