Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple One

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2016
I've heard a lot of people saying when they update their IOS to version 10.x.x.x they get battery drain problem and at 15% battery their phone turns off.

Does anyone know which version of the update does that? And does this problem also happen on the iPhone 7 or only happens to older models?

Thanks, hope I can find out the answer from you guys....

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I've heard a lot of people saying when they update their IOS to version 10.x.x.x they get battery drain problem and at 15% battery their phone turns off.

Does anyone know which version of the update does that? And does this problem also happen on the iPhone 7 or only happens to older models?

Thanks, hope I can find out the answer from you guys....
Some people experience those types of issues, as is the case with many updates essentially, but most do not. In addition there seem to be some devices like some iPhone 6s phones (and perhaps some other ones) that might have some battery issues, and some (again like some iPhone 6s) even have replacement programs for batteries going on.

There is no set version that will give some sort of particular battery issues, and different people with different devices have somewhat different experiences, again, as is the case with pretty much any update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.