Battery Problems iPod touch 6fe and dying completely after playing music- 10 tracks, looking at 1 it

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tricky Dicky, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Tricky Dicky macrumors newbie

i have changed a brand new(4 months ago) iPod touch 128 gig as the battery was incredibly poor in terms of lasting 2-3 hours of moderate use.
    Having changed for another new touch, this one is showing 3/4 battery life after playing 10 music tracks, watching 1 movie trailer from the iTunes Store and that's it!
    This cannot be right?
    I love everything about the device except for the thing that makes it work.
    If I manage to persuade the Apple Store to change it again for another new( not re- conditioned) unit, should I expect the same again?

2. LauraJean, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016

LauraJean macrumors member

LauraJean

I plan to buy an iPOD Touch soon, reluctantly so because of this lousy battery issue, but I must have a backup camera for my 2012 iPod.

What I do not understand, is why, with all this evidence of poor performance, the Apple Store nonchalantly still promises the following for this device:

Power and Battery5
    • Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
    • Music playback time: Up to 40 hours
    • Video playback time: Up to 8 hours
    It seems that they feel no ethical need to fix/replace the batteries in their current inventory, to agree with their sales pitch. They will get my money, and I will just keep my fingers crossed that the battery is at least half as good as they claim. A fellow poster on a related forum recommended looking at a battery pack.