Battery Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dmoening, Feb 26, 2011.

1. dmoening macrumors newbie

Hello all. I am really having some issues that I could use some assistance on. Anything would be greatly appreciated.

So here is the deal. I have a Aluminum MacBook that is 26 months old. Last fall I ran into an issue with my battery not charging. I was receiving an error to "service battery". I tried resetting the PRAM and the SMC without any luck. I ended up just buying a new battery from Apple and it had seemed to solve my problem until this past month, where I started to get the same issues. It will happen about every 5 charges or so where the "service battery" will appear and the MacBook will not hold a charge. Once I take the AC adapter out the MacBook will turn off right away. Any ideas? I have included screenshots from my Mac using coconut battery as well as info from the "about this mac" system profile. Any help would be great. Thank you very much!

Attached Files:

2. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

Take it too an Apple store & have them look at it.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

PRAM/NVRAM has nothing to do with batteries, power or charging, so resetting that will never help with these issues. It sounds like you need to have the Apple Store check to see what's going on.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

4. dmoening thread starter macrumors newbie

took it to the Apple Store. They are replacing the logic board. At a hefty price :(