Battery problems...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Camar, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Camar macrumors newbie

My pro is only six months old but in the past couple days it started acting up. It charges to 100% but dies with 10 minutes of unplugging it. There is also a triangle next to the battery in the status bar that says service required. Sounds like I'm gonna have to replace my battery. Anything I can try to isolate a possible fix because six months from a battery is kinda ridiculous. Thanks

2. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

It sounds like the battery itself may be faulty; it should be replaced FOC by Apple.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Definitely sounds like a bad battery - time to call apple

4. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

Yep, that's ridiculous. Too ridiculous to spend another minute trying to fix. Call Apple for a new one.

5. Camar thread starter macrumors newbie

I was thinking that. Guess I'll see if I can find an Apple Store. Thanks everyone

6. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

First, dowload iStat and see how many cycles the battery has done. None the less, I can't imagine you could wear a battery out that much in 6 months. How long has it been that bad, or was it just constantly getting worse over time?

7. Camar thread starter macrumors newbie

It never showed any signs of going bad. Three days ago it just started dropping 10% every minute when I unplugged it. I'll check out istat and see what it says.