Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tibas92013

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 2, 2013
Costa Rica
Within the last week or so my Refurbished iPod Touch 5 is really eating into my Battery percentage. I charge it 100% but it is down to zero within 4 hours or less and I am a light user. I bought this unit from a Fort Worth, Texas Apple Store in June, 2015.

Last edited:

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Within the last week or so my Refurbished iPod Touch 5 is really eating into my Battery percentage. I charge it 100% but it is down to zero within 4 hours or less and I am a light user. I bought this unit from the Apple On-Line Store in June, 2015.

You have owned it more then two years so it may be a battery issue.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Within the last week or so my Refurbished iPod Touch 5 is really eating into my Battery percentage. I charge it 100% but it is down to zero within 4 hours or less and I am a light user. I bought this unit from the Apple On-Line Store in June, 2015.
The only thing you can do is get the battery changed/take it to Apple or buy something else.

I recommend calling or visiting Apple to see what they say.

Phil in ocala

Suspended
Jul 14, 2016
Batteries in the phone, ipod touch are the weakest part of this technology....I wonder if any Japanese firm is working on a battery that will actually last?

sorcery

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2016
Ring of Fire
If it is only happening in the last week, uninstall any apps loaded in that time. One may be misbehaving. Or have you started using wifi or screen more than usual? My 5th gen battery still fine.

smorrissey

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2015
I own an ipod touch 5 since it was released and IMO battery life and performance now belong to the past.

I'm still using it connected via usb to my high fi system in order to use Apple Music but that's all, the thing is not useful for a different thing any more.

Even the ipod touch 6 is slow now.

sorcery

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2016
Ring of Fire
I use mine as a shirt pocket iPad nano, when on the street. Or as a podcaster when traveling.
My battery is still functioning at 100%, although I know not why.
It is unreasonable, I believe, to expect impressive battery life from such a slim device.
Still more than happy with mine.

Eau Rouge

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2013
Battery life of the 6th generation has never been amazing but it's downright pathetic on the ios 11 beta.

Aston441

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
My gen 6 sometimes has usual pathetic battery life like when new, then sometimes sucks away the whole battery in 20 minutes. I have no idea what's going on. It started with iOS 11. It's bizarre.

ApplePersonFreak

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2016
My gen 6 sometimes has usual pathetic battery life like when new, then sometimes sucks away the whole battery in 20 minutes. I have no idea what's going on. It started with iOS 11. It's bizarre.

Yeah, same here, except mine started back in iOS 10, but it’s even more noticeable now. Like it’d drain down to 20%, but when I plug it in, it’d show “57% charged” but it was in red.

Hopyrupa

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2017
I have a 6th Gen. I haven't downloaded iOS 11 yet because I'm not ready to part with my 32 bit apps.

But those battery problems exist on iOS 10 and all iPod touches, it's part of the deal. Here's what I've noticed. It will run down pretty quick at the beginning of the cycle. You can get to 20% (red) in 90 minutes or 2 hours if you are using wifi and listening to music or podcast.

But it reads low, so that's why you can get up to an hour more after it goes red. And that's why when you plug it in it immediately gives you a 25-35% boost. Because that higher number is closer to the actual.

But there's nothing wrong with plugging it in while you are using it You can save a battery cycle that way.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.