Battery Problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tibas92013, Jul 25, 2017.

1. tibas92013, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017

tibas92013 macrumors 6502

Within the last week or so my Refurbished iPod Touch 5 is really eating into my Battery percentage. I charge it 100% but it is down to zero within 4 hours or less and I am a light user. I bought this unit from a Fort Worth, Texas Apple Store in June, 2015.

2. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

You have owned it more then two years so it may be a battery issue.

3. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

The only thing you can do is get the battery changed/take it to Apple or buy something else.

I recommend calling or visiting Apple to see what they say.

4. Phil in ocala macrumors 6502

Phil in ocala

Batteries in the phone, ipod touch are the weakest part of this technology....I wonder if any Japanese firm is working on a battery that will actually last?

5. sorcery macrumors regular

sorcery

If it is only happening in the last week, uninstall any apps loaded in that time. One may be misbehaving. Or have you started using wifi or screen more than usual? My 5th gen battery still fine.

6. smorrissey macrumors 6502a

I own an ipod touch 5 since it was released and IMO battery life and performance now belong to the past.

I'm still using it connected via usb to my high fi system in order to use Apple Music but that's all, the thing is not useful for a different thing any more.

Even the ipod touch 6 is slow now.

7. sorcery macrumors regular

sorcery

I use mine as a shirt pocket iPad nano, when on the street. Or as a podcaster when traveling.
    My battery is still functioning at 100%, although I know not why.
    It is unreasonable, I believe, to expect impressive battery life from such a slim device.
    Still more than happy with mine.

8. Eau Rouge macrumors regular

Battery life of the 6th generation has never been amazing but it's downright pathetic on the ios 11 beta.

9. whiteangelcl macrumors newbie

Which gen have the best battery life or overall score?

10. Aston441 macrumors 6502a

My gen 6 sometimes has usual pathetic battery life like when new, then sometimes sucks away the whole battery in 20 minutes. I have no idea what's going on. It started with iOS 11. It's bizarre.

11. ApplePersonFreak macrumors 6502

Yeah, same here, except mine started back in iOS 10, but it’s even more noticeable now. Like it’d drain down to 20%, but when I plug it in, it’d show “57% charged” but it was in red.