Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twoandtwois

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2006
I'm having ongoing battery problems with my MacBook Pro. Battery #1 was a dud (one of the expanding ones) which at the point it began acting up seemed to cause the computer to randomly freeze. Battery #2 also turned out to be a dud (expanded, froze computer). Now I'm on battery #3 and guess what, it looks fine but any time its in the computer, I get random freezes or the "please restart your computer" screen.

Anyone have any ideas here? Is anyone having problems with the new batteries Apple is sending?

It is now at the point that the computer won't start up when the battery is connected (even if the power supply is too.) So, my "laptop" can now barely be used as one, and all Apple support has to say is, send us back the battery.

On battery #3 and month #2 without a "laptop" I'm losing a lot of patience. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

twoandtwois

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2006
No, it just has the original RAM from Apple.

This also reminds me that I recently ran Disk Utility, Applejack, and reset the PRAM all of which did nothing to improve the situation. (Not that they should of, but I figured why not try?) Plus this problem has reoccured under 10.4.6, 10.4.7, and now 10.4.8.

Kinneas

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2006
Waterloo, Ontario
Possibly it's a hardware error based on your mac. Something causing the issues and also affecting your battery? I don't know much specifically about macbook hardware so I can't help you any more specifically.

I just suggest to have it looked at more in depth by a licensed repair store. And if they want to give you a fourth battery by the end of it, INSIST that you get a replacement computer. Even if the low chances of you actually having three bad batteries in a row, the troubles you've been through warrants a new life on your computer and being confident that any hardware issues are resolved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.