Battery problems

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Kittyvilla, Apr 20, 2008.

  1. Kittyvilla macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2008
    #1
    Hi

    Can anybody help please?

    I have an 80gb black classic 5th generation ipod, it is only just out of warranty (isn't that always the case).

    My ipod kept bringing up a symbol of 'battery out of charge' then when I put it on the main, it was playing fine with a full battery.

    I was told my my friend, "ah, that must be your internal battery". I bought a battery and fitted it. I don't get anything on the ipod now.

    I have charged it up for about 8 hours via mains power - nothing
    I have tried the middle button and the menu key - nothing
    I have tried the middle button and the play/pause button - nothing
    I have tried to refitting the battery in again - nothing
    I have tried wiggling the hold button
    The computer does not recognise via usb 2

    I have even bought another battery just incase it is a dodgy battery - nothing

    When I plug the mains in there is a buzzing noise, at a guess the power might be going in?!?

    Has anybody got any suggestions to what I should do next or maybe I have missed something?

    Missing my ipod

    Thanks for your time!!!
     
  2. Laura123 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2007
    #2
    my guess

    my guess is that it is a bad hard drive or logic board, both of with are pretty expensive repairs. Where did you get your replacment battery? it could be a bad one. I only get my ipod batteries from ipodjuice.com and bought five from them over the course of the last three years and never had an issue.

    Also, make sure you try using a different charging cable just in case that is the cause.

    When you said "buzzing" noise my first guess was the lcd, but it appears that your display is working.

    Let us know how it turns out, ok?

    -laura
     
  3. Dino451 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2006
    #3
    while installing the battery you may have accidentally busted the battery pins on the logic board. they are pretty sensitive if the plastic pin cap lifts up and is not reseated.
     
  4. tangledweb16 macrumors regular

    tangledweb16

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2007
    #4
    I would guess it's the logic board for sure.

    Looks like you'll most likely have to buy a new one, sadly. :(
     

Share This Page