battery problems?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by annay49, May 11, 2010.

1. annay49 macrumors member

So when the new MBP's came out I decided to buy one. I calibrated the battery and had about 6-7 hours showing when I worked. I saw major wear and tare issues in my power adapter and got a replacement however.

After receiving my new adapter (sealed- though they did not have any box'ed replacements) - I said that was okay. I plugged it in and charged my laptop and my power meter is only showing 2 hours battery running only safari and audium on the lowest brightness setting. I've tried recalibrating the battery twice and I still get the same result?

What am I doing wrong? Or did I get a defective charger? Or is it something about my laptop?

And yay, this is my first post here!

Thanks for the help guys

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. annay49 thread starter macrumors member

I found it!

Thanks, I took a look and it seems like my battery health is at 96%, is that normal for a month old computer? It does not seem like it.

Also, I found what was killing my cpu, some dashboard widget I decided to try- I think it was using flash, and when I deleted it... well I guess I didn't. My battery seems back up again to past 5 hours.

4. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

96% is normal, and you will see it fluctuate from time to time. Mine was at 99% brand new, went down to about 95% after 10 charge cycles, and is currently at 97 % with 24 cycles. This is all based on Coconut Battery and may not be entirely accurate.

5. annay49 thread starter macrumors member

sounds good then, nothing to run to the apple store over then. They must already hate me as it is.