Battery program

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by beasse, Aug 28, 2009.

1. beasse macrumors newbie

Greetings all

I use Coconut Battery to check the load cycles etc on the battery but now i have a question.

I am seeking a program which will detect when my notebook is running on battery and count that time until the next recharge. The reason why im asking for this is because the "time left" fluctuates a lot depending on what you are doing so it would be nice to see some program which did this and was able to pull some statistics etc. I realize i could just time it myself manually but would be nifty if such program existed it might very well do but i don't know about it.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It is impossible to accurately predict how long your battery will last, because the calculated rate of battery discharge is not constant. The best you can do is change OS X's built in battery meter to show the percent charge remaining.

3. NewEyesOpen macrumors regular

I've been having the same problem since I calibrated the battery for the first time. Have you calibrated yours yet? Prior to doing it, I had a perfect count down, time wise. Now, it jumps sporadically and randomly. Irritating, still a little on edge about it and hoping nothing is really wrong with it. If I can get around 4 or 5, maybe 6 hours on a charge, I'm happy.

All you can really do is change it to show percent or just the icon. Like Miles said, there's no real way to tell because it discharges at different rates at different times.

4. creon macrumors 6502

Use the OS's battery counter, like previously stated.

I have been using it and haven't been mislead since the start. And in all seriousness, no program isn't going to be 100% accurate.

Keep the brightness down in times when it gets down to the nitty gritty. ;)