Battery question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DashSatan, Jun 12, 2011.

1. DashSatan macrumors 6502

Just got my iPhone yesterday and loving it. I was wondering how is the battery life though? I know most smart phones when you leave it on the charger it doesn't hurt cause it stops charging when full now that the same with the iPhone? Also I feel like my auto brightness isn't working. When I have it on it seems to always be the lowest brightness and never change many suggestions?

2. genexrocket macrumors regular

Battery life is great, it lasts at least 3 times longer than my previous iPhone (1st gen 2007). Don't bother using the auto-bright, it's just better to set it yourself. It almost never works the way you want it, hopefully that's fixed in iOS 5. :D

3. HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a

HelveticaNeue

The iPhone 4 battery life is astounding. I am on Wifi most of the day, either at home or in the office, and regularly get 3 days of use out of my phone. Of course, I do not receive many phone calls, mostly texts, emails and data use.

Make sure you turn off any non-essential services like bluetooth and push.

Don't know about leaving it plugged in all the time ... I think that negatively affects the battery life of all phones, laptops, etc.

Have you tried turning up the brightness in Settings?

4. DashSatan thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I'm not using auto bright. Just a low brightness setting now. Maybe it's push. But last night around two I went to bed with like 66% I believe and I just woke up with 54% that doesn't seen normal am I wrong?

5. Pheo macrumors regular

Perfectly normal if not on charge and set to sync anything e.g. Email... Also how good your cell signal is will have a bearing as a weak signal will require more power. Try putting it in airplane mode overnight; you'll see it hardly drops at all.

6. SXR macrumors 6502a

SXR

That's my experience as well - the Data is really what drains the battery.