battery question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by UAE1991, Aug 12, 2012.

1. UAE1991 macrumors newbie

Hi,

i'm new user in mac world and i have bought RMBP 2012 , and i want to know how can i have Long battery live with my new baby and this what i have doing in last few days i was using my battery from 100% to 0% till my laptop shut down by it self. than i recharge the laptop and keep charger plug even when complet 100%. i plug out when i want take it out from room or used in coffe shop
    i just complet 3 cycles now, is my way right or not ?
    and i have see some people say's if i charger before 50% will not count i cycles is that right or not ? :confused:
    yup i'm so confused right now !

2. simsaladimbamba

You don't need to constantly discharge the battery, if you have access to your power adapter, use that, if you don't have access to it, use it on battery. And the batteries in Unibody MacBook Pros don't need calibration.

• BATTERY INFORMATION
    • BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE
    • AC POWER
    • CALIBRATION
    • BATTERY LIFESPAN
    • CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH
    • CHARGING
    • WHAT IS A CYCLE?
    • BATTERIES ARE NOT COVERED
    • BULGING OR SWELLING BATTERY

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You don't need to intentionally use your battery until it runs out. You also don't need to unplug as soon as it's fully charged. Run on battery whenever you need to and plug it in whenever you can. You can plug or unplug at any time, regardless of the charged percentage. Just make sure you don't run on AC power all the time, as your battery needs to be used regularly to stay healthy.

Also, read WHAT IS A CYCLE? in the following link.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions:

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

That's because there's too much misinformation floating around about battery health. The inconvenient truth is that any measures you take to "preserve" your battery are ultimately pointless. You'll never be able to tell if your battery preservation efforts actually contribute to the life of your battery or not.

Use your computer how you want. Batteries are easily and cheaply replaceable if they end up not meeting Apple's generous specifications (1000 charges at 80% capacity at 3 years).