Battery Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by lukeyyyyy, May 26, 2013.

1. lukeyyyyy macrumors member

Still undecided on either the 11 or 13 inch air but I was wondering what the battery life would be on each device in the below situations.

1. Web browsing / YouTube / FaceTime / music playback

2. Xcode dreamweaver photoshop illustrator

3. Gaming such as wow xcom enemy unknown, bioshock infinite

If the battery life is on average 30% better on the 13 ill be persuaded!

Thanks

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Gaming = automatically largest battery u can get.

3. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

well first of all, you can goto the apple website and look at the specs of their computers:
    the 11" has a 5 hour battery, the 13" has a 7 hour battery.
    that's more than 30% right there, and playing games is going to to cut that time in half, at the very least.

i would consider a pro if i were going to be playing a lot of video games. obviously the MBA can handle those but not nearly as well as the pro. Even the 13" rMBP might be a better option despite not having a dedicated GPU.

either way i certainly wouldn't be spending a lot of time playing with the machine unplugged.

4. lukeyyyyy thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the reply, you have a valid point although it will only be light gaming, I spent a £1000 on a custom computer at the start of this year to handle all my gaming needs.

The rmbp would surely suffer more than the air as its native resolution is so high,

I intend to wait for haswell either way

5. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

oh i see - then yes, i think it would suit your needs quite well :)
    as for battery in the rMPB, they put a 74w battery in there for a reason - 50% increase over the Air so i think the battery life would be comparable between the two, but you might want to ask people with real-world experience with both or either.