Battery Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dukebound85, Jun 28, 2013.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

So the batteries are rated to 80% after 1000 cycles to my understanding

Will apple replace the battery after the apple care period if the battery is below that threshold before 1000 cycles?

Or how does this work?

I read this from http://www.apple.com/batteries/replacements.html but doesn't seem to answer my question

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Batteries are covered only for manufacturing defects, and only as long as the warranty or AppleCare is in force. After AppleCare expires, there is no coverage for batteries, even if they're defective. For details, see the BATTERIES ARE NOT COVERED section of the Apple Notebook Battery FAQ

3. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

Thanks for the clarification. I remember my battery shipping with an original capacity of 93% with 0 cycles and is in the 80s now. Feel like I got jipped 7%

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It is perfectly normal if your battery health (maximum capacity) is more or less than 100%, even when brand new, or if it fluctuates up or down over time. The gradual decline is not in a straight line downward, and it may decline more rapidly at some times and slower at others. For further details, read the CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH section of the FAQ.