Battery Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cvest, Sep 22, 2015.

1. cvest macrumors newbie

It is my understanding that aftermarket lightning cables and AC adapters can have a negative affect on your iPhone's battery. I am going to attempt to avoid that with my iPhone 6s but started thinking about my prospective case, the Lifeproof Fre Power. Since it is using a Micro USB cable to a Lighting adapter built into the case I am concerned that maybe it could cause issues? I am not very knowledgable on this issue and I know there are many of you on here who are. Also does it matter which wall adapter I would use or does the case determine how much power it delivers?

Thanks

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

You can use any adapter you want. Even other phone's adapters will work. As far as cable, they either work or not. You are worrying too much. Try to relax and just enjoy your new phone.

3. Daria macrumors regular

Daria

I agree with Newtons Apple....and I'll just say from my experience of several years of using iPods, iPhones and an iPad Air, I've never had a battery problem, and most of my cables and adapters have been aftermarket.

4. cvest thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys. I have never worried about it before until my iPhone 5 battery went kapoot. While they do have bad track record I wondered if my aftermarket cable and adapter had played a hand in it. As long as these cheap cables don't mess it up I'm fine with it.